Take my site and I for example: http://www.tricityhome.com. It uses google/api integration for its Livermore CA home search engine. At the time of writing, we receive 21,000 hits each month. But, when an email arrives at the inbox or the phone rings due to a call to action on the site, the commonplace afterward is to just have the agent provide links, updates and e-notifications for the soon to be home buyer.
There's the disconnect. We are no longer in control. Most of the time, the home buyer does not want to form a relationship yet. They just want their stuff. I can relate. I only want my stuff when I go to a site for info or downloads. I don't want to be called or put on a mailing list. But the very definition of agent means relationship. We cannot be doing our jobs until we have one, a relationship that is.
But, being with an agent is the best thing that could happen to a buyer.
It's the same as:
- Having an open house wherever you go. The agent has the permission to enter and holds the key
- Getting a local, professional opinion on the home being viewed
- Receiving immediate answers to questions concerning HOA, reports, disclosures, etc.
- Using a buffer to speak to the seller--keeping the buyer in a safe negotiating position.
- Not to mention the free ride from house to house.
- A reply to an email-nice
- A return of an opinion to a home that was viewed by the home buyer-ok
- A return phone call-ok
- Coming into the office-super!
by Jeff Pereyda
- Phone: 510 742-3212
- Google Me
- Email Me
- Visit Fremont Real Estate Agent Jeff Pereyda http://www.tricityhome.com
- Click my Social Media Hotspots Below!