Keeping office deadlines and real estate contracts at bay takes some effort, but recently I have found a good way to unwind that does not require port, knitting.
My wife started some time ago, and her testimony was that it helped her wind down from a day of teaching elementary school students. Hmmm... Go on...
I tried to cast on a row on a knitting needle while watching a Law and Order episode, (my one vice), and I actually caught on. Before long, I knit my first hat, then two, then four then on to knitting socks. I need wind down time. Can you tell?
Since the knitting bug bit, I have started Knotjustforwomen on Ravelry.com. We have members too.
Before all this, I had to first get over the stigma of men knitting, and like me, you may get a kick out of his vid clip; especially of the guy knitting a hammock with pool cues below on: "The Manly Art of Knitting." It helped me get over the stereotype that only women knit. Hence, knotjustforwomen.
Some will not reveal the fact they knit, but I have found at least three great things have come out of it.
- It has helped me redefine what it can mean to relax. I still fish, but I can't always get away to do that.
- My wife and I spend quality time knitting together and talking where before it was more of a rarity.
- Got to meet a different circle of people whom I may have never met otherwise.
by Jeff Pereyda
- Phone: 510 742-3212
- Google Me
- Email Me
- Visit Fremont Real Estate Agent Jeff Pereyda http://www.tricityhome.com
- Click my Social Media Hotspots Below!
Post a Comment